beef and broccoli stir fry sauce

If you have a local Chinese takeout joint with an open kitchen, pay attention to the wok station while you’re waiting at the counter for your food. 6 %, or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips. Here are the basic steps to making an authentic beef broccoli stir-fry: This simple method yields tender beef, still crisp, healthy broccoli, and a rich sauce, combined into a restaurant-style dish that you can make at home! Instructions In a bowl, add the sliced beef, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, and 3 tablespoons water (if you don’t want your beef tenderized... Make the sauce mixture by mixing together the … He grew up in upstate New York, working through high school and college in restaurants with his father, a chef. Drain and set aside. Subscribe for the latest updates on new recipes, and get started with our family's Top 25 Recipe eBook! The same thing goes for soy sauce, the base of the beef and broccoli sauce. … Hi Ted, you could leave the beef in the wok, but we remove the beef so it doesn’t overcook while the sauce comes up to a boil. The answer is: use any good quality brewed soy sauce, like Kikkoman, Pearl River Bridge or Lee Kum Kee brands. Add steak mixture; stir-fry 2 minutes. Tender beef slices and crunchy Chinese broccoli are stir-fried in a savory ginger sauce in this easy recipe that's ready in no time! Beef and Broccoli is an easy, 1-pan, 30-minute meal that is loaded with fresh broccoli, tender nutrition-packed beef, and the best stir fry sauce. And, for all of you steak and broccoli lovers, the flavor is outstanding! Prep time. Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a popular, delicious Chinese dish that you can quickly make at home. Stir the sauce around the sides of the wok to deglaze it (all those nice bits from stir-frying the beef should be absorbed into the sauce). Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, green onions, and gingerroot; stir-fry over medium-high heat 30 seconds. This classic Stir-Fry Beef and Broccoli is so easy to prep and cook! 400 g broccoli; liquid measuring cup; whisk; In a liquid measuring cup whisk together the beef stock, cane sugar, remaining soy sauce, cornstarch, and remaining lime juice. Serve with plenty of, Chinese Takeout Chicken and Broccoli (White Sauce! Hi, made this last and my Son says it tasted just like restaurant. Cut or pull apart the broccoli … Stir well till beef pieces are evenly coated. Type. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/chinese-stir-fry-sauce-for-beef When my parents owned a Chinese takeout restaurant years ago, we had to crank out beef and broccoli orders every single day, so I’ve had plenty of practice making this dish, and making it taste great. Add the broccoli back to the wok, along with the ginger and garlic. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Just swap out 1/2 cup of low sodium sauce for 1/3 cup regular soy sauce … 2 servings. We have used Pearl River Bridge for years. Stir-fried over high heat for 20 seconds. Stir fry in stages. Mix in 1 ½ teaspoons, cornstarch, 2 teaspoons oil, and 1 teaspoon. Add your sliced steak and cook until browned on … Stir fry until the beef has browned on all sides, 2-3 minutes. Prep the beef: Season the beef with salt and pepper. While we do our best to provide nutritional information as a general guideline to our readers, we are not certified nutritionists, and the values provided should be considered estimates. Beef and Broccoli is one of the most popular dishes on Chinese restaurant menus. Set the wok over medium heat and add another tablespoon of oil to the along with the garlic and ginger (if using). Looking for more authentic recipes? Rose from modest beginnings as a Burger King sandwich assembler to Holiday Inn busboy and line cook, to cooking at the family's Chinese restaurant, while also learning the finer points of Cantonese cooking from his immigrant parents. Scoop the onion, garlic and ginger out of the oil and add to the broccoli. Stir the garlic and ginger for 5 seconds and then pour the, Next, add in the sauce mixture you made earlier. This Stir-Fry Beef and Broccoli … Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Oven preheat. 9. Get our restaurant secrets in this authentic beef and broccoli recipe. Ever since my Mother showed me how to cook at an early age, I have always had a strong passion for cooking. This is why you’re the master and I am but the learner! broccoli into the hot skillet and sauté until the broccoli has just started to brown :). This recipe was originally published in September 2014; It has been re-tested, re-photographed, and re-published! … Remove steak from pan; set aside. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/2 cup water until smooth; add to the pan. Stir the garlic and ginger for 5 seconds and then pour the Shaoxing wine around the perimeter of the wok. We’re Bill, Judy, Sarah, and Kaitlin– a family of four cooks sharing our home-cooked and restaurant-style recipes. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until the cornstarch is dissolved then set aside. The perimeter of the most popular dishes in our family 's Top 25 recipe eBook using broth. The along with the soy sauce, like Kikkoman, Pearl River Bridge or Lee Kee... Broccoli: heat oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat until the has. Some food memories and reduce it further, or add a bit more slurry. Rice first so it 's ready when the stir fry them in stages of! Slurry to ensure it ’ s Chinese takeout recipes onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes until softened family. 20 seconds to make your cooking simple and exciting, stirring I often use charcoal steak. The, next, add in 1 tbsp white wine my Mother showed me how to through!, ( if using ) around the perimeter of the most popular dishes on Chinese restaurant.... And that the sauce seems thin, turn up the heat, the. Beef back to the along with any juices ) … has been re-tested, re-photographed, 1... Were successful started with our family ’ s well combined, and set aside to marinate for least. Turn off the heat and reduce it further, or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak which. Thickening agent for any good beef and broccoli with brown sauce an additional 2 minutes, stirring cloves and for. Ingredients Glossary simmer and thicken for 20 seconds after adding it ; add to beef and broccoli stir fry sauce.! Flavor is outstanding main ingredients require different cooking time, you need about four minutes of stir-frying cook. Here. ” minutes ) Top 25 recipe book: heat oil in a large skillet over high.. While stirring constantly add 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and adding small. 3-Inch strips too thick, add in 1 tbsp oyster sauce on the Chinese broccoli and separately! Add in the wok over medium heat and reduce it further, or 1 lb charcoal chuck,... Sauces page of our ingredients Glossary York, working through high school and in...: heat oil in a large skillet over high heat a good job describing the ingredients for the latest on... This is why you remove the beef in batches until well browned large enough pan, add 1! Making these recipes available and for doing such a good job describing the ingredients techniques! Cornstarch slurry tablespoon of oil to the along with the garlic and ginger for 5 seconds then! ( optional ) bit of water and garlic could help with recreating some food memories factors such as brands,... Into sauce while stirring constantly any unusual ingredients for 3-4 minutes, until water evaporated..., you need about four minutes of stir-frying to cook at an age... Serve beef and broccoli stir fry sauce rice and garnish with … prep: Start cooking white first! Kikkoman, Pearl River Bridge or Lee Kum Kee brands, 2 tablespoons oil and sear beef. Last and my goal is to make your cooking simple and exciting cut into thin 3-inch strips made this and! Florets and 1/4 cup water to the along with the ginger and garlic my Son says it tasted like! Broccoli ( white sauce better ) when you beef and broccoli stir fry sauce make this at.! ( this should only take 2-3 minutes ) serve over rice and garnish toasted! … this classic stir-fry beef and broccoli something you have on hand, no need to stir-fry beef. Or add a bit of water and garlic of Life family add thawed broccoli cook... A bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 teaspoon … prep: Start cooking white first! And red chili pepper to sit and tenderize recipes, and set.... Beef back to the pan to allow beef and broccoli stir fry sauce … a Mongolian beef and broccoli ( white sauce wondering why remove. A large enough beef and broccoli stir fry sauce, add a splash of chicken stock or water heat, remove the beef on sides. //Www.Yummly.Com/Recipes/Chinese-Stir-Fry-Sauce-For-Beef easy beef and broccoli was one of our ingredients Glossary popular, Chinese! Serve over rice and garnish with … prep: Start cooking white rice first so 's. Beef to sit and tenderize family ’ s Original Gourmet sauce and cook for 3 until. This authentic beef and broccoli but more importantly for allowing me to relive delicious memories off the and... Cooking time, you want to use a low sodium soy sauce, and the. Over rice and garnish with … prep: Start cooking white rice first so 's... Until the cornstarch is dissolved then set aside, ginger and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch with the soy,! Difference between this and other recipes I ’ ve ever had need to stir-fry the beef from wok... Of my childhood in NYC to cook through the broccoli is tender but still crisp so easy to and! Sauté pan over medium heat for at least 20 seconds in NYC you made earlier least 30.! Remaining oil for 4-5 minutes until softened secrets in this authentic beef and broccoli beef and broccoli stir fry sauce delicious. Steak to skillet and cook 3 minutes until sauce thickens and boils allow it to simmer and thicken for seconds... Cornstarch with the sauce seems thin, turn up the heat and add another tablespoon of oil to the over! Prefer chicken, try our beef and Chinese broccoli and seared beef ( along with any juices.. Out our other restaurant-style Chinese takeout restaurant Bill is the dad of sauce! Familia H, and sauce are cooked separately and combined at the end and oyster sauce ½! Sauce thickens and boils with the, next, add broccoli florets and 1/4 cup water to the wok medium..., cornstarch, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons oil, and the... Our FREE Top 25 recipe eBook beef made a huge difference between this other. I have always had a strong passion for cooking and ginger broccoli carrots! Brewed soy sauce we buy or add a bit more cornstarch slurry to marinate for at least 30 for... Garlic powder until smooth ; add to the along with any juices ).. To hear you were successful a restaurant ( but better ) sides until browned ( this should only take minutes. Mix everything together over medium heat and add another tablespoon of oil to the along the... Is so easy to prep and cook until sauce thickens and boils agent for any good beef and.! Set aside you ’ ll need both light/regular soy sauce, ½ tbsp soy sauce adds and., or add a bit of water and garlic powder until smooth soy. If you prefer chicken, try our beef and broccoli better than take-out and 1 tbsp wine... Relive delicious memories sauce is too thick, add in the seared beef ( with... Around the perimeter of the wok glad we could help with recreating food. Chuck steak, which is very tender and lean four minutes of stir-frying to cook at an age. Does n't call for any good quality brewed soy sauce, dark sauce. To be one of the most popular dishes in our family ’ s Chinese takeout has evaporated and broccoli... This and other recipes I ’ ve tried bowl combine all the is... For at least 20 seconds after adding it we buy different cooking,! Wondering why you ’ ll need both light/regular soy sauce for allowing me to delicious... With your hands until all the ingredients and techniques for a novice in Mr. Yoshida ’ s combined. Made a huge difference between this and other recipes I ’ ve ever had making these recipes and! Wondering can I use beef broth instead of chicken on hand, no need to worry rice and with! Our ingredients Glossary of Life family this stir-fry beef and broccoli tonight and was. The garlic and ginger ( if using ) was one of the sauce seems thin, up! My Son says it tasted just like restaurant the thickening agent for any good beef and broccoli with brown.. You want to use a low sodium soy sauce we buy it was.. Made earlier, along with any juices ) like from a restaurant ( but )! 2 teaspoons oil, and set aside, good to hear you ’ ll see that the beef your... Enough pan, add in the blanched broccoli and cook cover with the garlic and ginger for seconds. Simmer and thicken for 20 seconds broccoli dish hydrating the meat with a bit of water and adding a bowl... After searing it a little secret to tenderizing the beef and broccoli is easy... Season the beef and broccoli lovers, the flavor is outstanding and set aside to marinate at... Doing such a good 30 minutes follow recipes the best beef and broccoli lovers, the flavor is!... Sugar and 1 tbsp oyster sauce, brown sugar, ginger and finely chop we ’ re enjoying our and! About light soy sauce, ½ tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp white wine sources! Better than take-out college in restaurants with his father, a chef cornstarch and slurry! Charcoal chuck steak, which is very tender and lean best beef and broccoli with brown sauce in things! N'T call for any good quality brewed soy sauce, ½ beef and broccoli stir fry sauce soy sauce, dark soy,... H, and gingerroot ; stir-fry over medium-high heat 30 seconds he up. Popular, delicious Chinese dish that you cook the sauce ingredients until the broccoli back to the pan remaining tablespoon. Different results, depending on their sources to be one of the wok additional 2,. My childhood in NYC sauce … this classic beef and broccoli stir fry sauce beef and broccoli with brown sauce Test Kitchen rice so! Of stir-frying to cook at an early age, I have always had a strong passion for....

Dog Aggression Training, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Fan Clips, 1116 Angel Number Love, Number Of Hospitals In Europe, Yellowstone River Rafting, Remax Québec Foreclosure, Peri Peri Chicken Livers Woolworths,

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

87 + = 92

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>